One of the best things about wearing the same size shoe as your mom? You get to wear her winter boots – and in this case, write the review. I was home when the Sperry Winter Harbor boots arrived, and fell in love with the looks (I know, looks aren’t everything). I think half jokingly, mom said that if I wanted to wear them, I’d have to write the review. Hmm… I have plenty of opinions on things, love new footwear, but was not crazy about the writing part. After trying on the boots, I figured I could write enough about them, and find any positives or negatives to share with the readers.
Sperry – a very well respected footwear brand. I own an pair of their Topsiders, and wear them when the weather is decent. They’ve lasted a few years, so I’m already impressed somewhat. The Winter Harbor boots are a bit different than my normal winter footwear. Now that I work and have to drive almost an hour each way, having something warm to wear ‘just in case’ is more important than ever. I also like to snowshoe, and do some winter hiking. My friends and I also like to have bonfires on the weekends, and standing on cold, frozen, snowy ground can chill my feet, and then the rest of me pretty quickly.
I’m impressed with the attention to detail. Very neat stitching, double in most areas. The bottom tread has ‘siping’ which like on a tire, moves water away from under the boot. The grommets appear to be sturdy as are the laces. The boots have a comfortable, somewhat roomy fit. The footbed liner is removable, so I’ll be able to make sure it dries overnight, and doesn’t start to smell funky. I’ll be wearing these as soon as we get some precipitation – rain or snow. Its been sort of dry in Northern New England lately. Our temperatures are dropping though, so winter is definitely on its way. The boots have a stylish look, with the fur around the top, and the wavy stitching on the sides. These will get a workout – I’ll be using them to wear to work, and also for outdoor activities. I like the idea that their designed to be worn in very cold wet weather, and also for every day wear.
Information from Sperry:
- The Super lightweight and waterproof Winter Harbor infuses SON-R Technology™ into a versatile and sporty design. The enhanced stability,
- Traction and protection of the Winter Harbor offers great performance for the cooler weather.
- FeaturesSperry WaterBlock™, a breathable waterproof membrane that keeps feet dry and comfortable and
- 100gr insulation for warmth
- 8 ¼ circumference, 6 ¼ shaft height
- SON-R Technology™, with its unique outsole/midsole design, provides natural sensory feedback for greater stability and agility on all terrains
- Super lightweight EVA and rubber bottom provides lugged traction
- Removable full-length compression molded EVA footbed maximizes comfort
- Durable three-season boot features quilted uppers, micro-fleece lining and faux fur accents
By Mariah J
This product was received for review purposes.