At first glance, the Stio Women’s Environ jacket appears to be very well made. A lot of thought and high quality features went into making this jacket. The feel of the fabric is smooth, with a flexibility that is conducive to wearing it during very active outdoor activities. From the zipper pulls, to the cord locks, everything appears to be very well constructed. While trying it on, I never had the feeling of ‘oh, I better be careful not to be too rough with this part’. The website is very thorough in providing product information and explaining what different materials are. Such as; TORAYDELFY tm is described this way: “TORAYDELFY™ 10,000mm is a highly durable 50-denier waterproof/breathable fabric with a 10,000mm waterproof, 10,000g breathability PU laminate for use in extreme outdoor environments. ”
My only concern this far is the fit. I consistently wear between a size 10 and 12 in Women’s clothing. I received a large (which is what is recommended for a size 10-12). The jacket is snug – I can wear it with a light layer, but would not be able to wear it over a base layer and a heavier outer layer.
Since we have had no rain or snow yet, I haven’t had an opportunity to use it for any outdoor activities, other than walking the dogs. Once the weather changes, I’ll be wearing it to hike and snowshoe. At that point, I’ll be able to ascertain what I need to wear with the jacket, and if it keeps me warm enough without using too many layers.
Information from STIO.com:
“Our signature waterproof/breathable ski shell for resort, back and sidecountry, constructed with TORAYDELFY™. Features include a built-in powder skirt, pit-zips for customized climate control, a fixed, helmet-compatible hood and Aquaguard® zippers that keep the elements at bay.”
- TORAYDELFY™ 10,000mm 3L Stretch Waterproof/Breathable, 100% Polyester, DELFY™ Membrane 10,000mm waterproofness, 10,000 g/m2/24hrs breathability, 50 denier, 174 g/m2, 80/20 DWR
- Mechanical stretch offers comfort and range of motion
- Fully seam sealed for complete waterproof performance
- Fully adjustable, removable, helmet compatible hood with bonded brim to seal out the elements
- Bonded flap conceals cord lock at back hood for clean finish
- Brushed tricot at interior collar for added warmth
- Center front draft flap seals out elements
- Zippered underarm venting facilitates custom climate control
- Adjustable zippered cuffs
- YKK® water-resistant Aquaguard® Vislon® center front zipper
- YKK® water-resistant Aquaguard® coil zippers at chest and hand pockets
- Custom Stio® silicone zipper pulls
- Interior security and stash pockets
- Adjustable snap back snow skirt with custom Stio® metal snaps
- Adjustable storm sealing hem with low-pro cord locks customizes performance
- Embroidered Stio® and Pinecone logos
- Center back length: 28.25”
- Weight: 24 oz.
- Regular Fit – Our medium cut. Roomier than Trim but designed with athletic performance and comfort in mind.
- Available in these colors: Italian Plum, Dresden Blue and Black Iris
- Retail price: $425
Check back in about a month for an update of this review. This product was received for review purposes.