Anyone who knows me, knows I’m not the best photographer. I know the ‘rules’ but don’t have the ‘eye’. Lighting always throws me. I think there’s enough, and end up with pictures of darkness, or I think its too dark and miss shots I’d love to capture. So, I just read about this new product, that’s still a bit ‘hush-hush’. I can tell you a few things, and when I get my hands on one to review (by the end of October), I’ll be able to tell (and show) you how it works. Its made to work with your Go-Pro, camera on your smartphone or regular digital camera.
(from LumeCube.com) will be released on November 11, 2015, but there was a soft launch in Australia today. It appears to have some really great features, and could be useful to professional photographers, outdoor enthusiasts, and everyone who ever needs more light to take a decent picture or video. I’m including some specifications below, but definitely check out their webpage, and video: http://www.lumecube.
- App-controlled LED light for capturing both stills and videos (available in iOS and Android formats)
- Compatible with smartphone cameras, action cams and traditional digital cameras
- Measuring only one-and-a-half inches
- 1,500+ lumens of light in both video mode and in strobe mode.
- Highly durable, light-weight